Al-Fikrah has been indexed by :
Peer Review Process
Al-Fikrah maintain the standards of peer review while increasing the efficiency of the process.
The initial review process is at least 4 months.
All research articles published in Al-Fikrah undergo full peer review, key characteristics of which are listed below:
- All research articles are reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
- All publication decisions are made by the journals’ Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the reviews provided
- Members of the international Editorial Boards lend insight, advice and guidance to the Editors-in-Chief generally and to assist decision making on specific submissions
- Managing Editors and Editorial Assistants provide the administrative support that allows Al-Fikrah to maintain the integrity of peer review while delivering rapid turn around and maximum efficiency to authors, reviewers and editors alike.
- Al-Fikrah additionally benefit through the manuscript referral process from the high quality peer review conducted by established journals.
Peer review of referred papers:
Editors of Al-Fikrah will decide promptly whether to accept, reject, or request revisions of referred papers based on the reviews and editorial insight of the supporting journals. In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be advised when Editors decide further review is needed.
Peer review of novel submissions:
Articles submitted directly to Al-Fikrah will be fully peer reviewed by at least two appropriately qualified experts in the field selected by the Editor-in-Chief. The Editor-in-Chief or a designated member of the Editorial Board will then decide whether to accept, reject or request revisions based on the reviews and comments received.
Editors will decide whether each submission reports well-conducted research with conclusions supported by the data presented in the paper. Assessments of priority will not be a factor in decision-making, but all papers must make an incremental or novel addition to the literature.